Tropical Fruit World
Looking for a day trip idea during your stay at Burleigh Esplanade? Tropical Fruit World, just over the border into New South Wales is not just a pretty drive, but worth checking out the large variety of fruits.
Since 1983, Tropical Fruit World (formerly Avocadoland) has trail blazed in linking fruit farming with tourism. Set amongst rainforest, creeks and rich volcanic mineral soil from the caldera of Mount Warning, this working fruit farm is situated in the prime environment to grow over 500 fruits from right throughout the world.
Tropical Fruit World is not just a fruit farm, but encompasses guided tours and tastings, a farm owned fruit market Plantation Markets, and a regional dining and event venue Plantation House, coupled with a unique collection of skincare and food products The Plantation Collection.
See, taste and learn about fruits from around the world that we grow right on the property. Discover the products they make with the fruits. Savour their café menu and shop at the fresh fruit market. Purchase a ticket for education and scenic farm tour.
Climb aboard the tractor train and explore the plantation on a fully guided Park Tour:
- You’ll journey through the orchards by tractor train on our Plantation Safari
- Relax and enjoy our waterways on a Wildlife Boat Cruise
- Meet farm animal friends, kangaroos and emus in our Fauna Park
- Ride a bushland Miniature Railway on ‘The Island’ recreation area
- Sample and learn about our seasonal fruits during your Fruit Tasting Session
Tickets start from $47.00 per adult* and $25 per child*.
Admission ticket includes:
- General admission
- Fully guided plantation tractor tour
- Fruit tasting
- Wildlife boat cruise
- Fauna Park
- Island recreation area
Open daily from 10am – 4pm Qld EST.
*Prices are subject to change based by the operator of this tour at any time.